Second and third grade students are being sent on a virtual journey to a foreign country. They will be collecting information and mementos for a scrapbook-style poster.
- Research: Tuesday, February 25th
- Project: Tuesday, March 4th.
- Student Handout: Includes pages for taking notes and a description of the project.
(Please note that the due dates on the last page are not accurate.)
- TFK-Around the World: Wonderful kid-friendly resource with information about the culture, people, landmarks and geography of places around the world. On this website, you may find photographs, maps, diagrams, charts, folktales, language, and activities.
- Fact Monster: This site contains lot of information on one webpage for each country. Information is laid out like an encyclopedia.
- National Geographic-Kids: Another great site for kids, National Geographic offers pictures, videos, and information about a number of countries.
- Infoplease: A website with comprehensive information laid out in an encyclopedia format.
- Timeanddate: Try this site to find holidays that are celebrated in your country.
- CIA World Factbook: An extensive informational resource, this website is not designed for kids; however, it is a good place to look for information that may be difficult to find in other places.
- Flickr-Library of Congress: This section of Flickr contains lot of pictures from the Library of Congress. Try typing in the name of your country and the word 'clothing' to see what people wear in your country.
- Pics4Learning: Check out the countries section of this website to find visual information about your country.
- Allrecipes: A great website for finding recipes. Try typing your country's name in the search bar at the top of the page, but look carefully at the description to see if the recipe is truly from your country.
- Crafts for Kids: Craft topics are listed alphabetically. Find you country to see some examples of traditional crafts you could make.
- Making Friends.com-World Crafts: Costumes, recipes, crafts, and more.
- Activity Village-Around the World: Find activities to do and things to make. Before you find your country, you will need to click on the continent